If you are using MacOS, you might know Download Accelerator Plus or DAP has been the most well-known download manager software for many years. However, these apps officially stopped supporting macOS Mojave or newer versions, so if your Mac has been updated to the MacOS Mojave, it’s time to look for download manager alternatives, usually known as IDM. IDM is used for downloading large files. So, to help you find the best one, we are giving a list of the best IDM apps for your Mac.
Best Internet Download Manager Apps For MacOS
Here’s a list of the best IDM apps for MacOS devices to download and use this year.
- JDownloader- Free Download Manager
This tool is estimated to be one of the best free download manager app for Mac. It is written in Java and allows automatic download files from one-click hosting sites. JDownloader also supports premiums accounts, but not all parts of the JDownloader are open source.
Here are great features of JDownloader:
- It allows you to download files from the file hosting services.
- The app can automatically solve of some CAPTCHAs and has a JAntiCaptcha module.
- Simple- interface for new users.
- Just copy the URL of the file and then paste it to the downloader.
- Pause and Resume capability.
- Compress massive files into RAR so that the download size is smaller.
- Leech- Powerful Download Manager
Leech is another powerful download manager coming from Many Tricks. It’s very useful as it features many options for you to customize how different downloads are handled. Here are some of the available options:
- Runs the app in the Dock, the menu bar or a new Dock.
- Comes with Safari contextual menu extension, sending downloads to Leech.
- Manages downloads based on filename extensions.
- Allow downloading multiple files.
- Quickly paste URLs into Leech or drop an URL into its Dock icon.
- A download history to save or don’t save
- Automatically split downloads into subfolders by date.
- Shuttle for Mac – Free
It is a great and fast download manager app which uses multi-segmenting to get the best maximum speed.
Here is a list of its key features:
- Faster speeds with multi-segmented downloads.
- Even support for URLs that require authentication.
- Send a URL to directly be downloaded by the tool.
- Pause and Resume feature for URLs supporting that.
- Support for both HTTP and HTTPS links
- Free Download Manager
Free Download Manager is another fast and simple app that comes with the segmented download and auto-resuming features. The app can get all protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, magnet, FPT, and torrents.
Its key features include:
- Support HTTP/FTP, Magnet, ED2K & Torrent links
- Remote Download allows users to download to remote Macs as well as control all remote transfers
- A YouTube video tutorial
- Frontend for MLDonkey
- Progressive Downloader
The last one in our list is the Progressive Downloader app, which can help you make downloads as fast as possible with the internet connection.
Here is a list of the app’s key features:
- An integration of all major browsers, which made it easy.
- Automatically search for the fastest servers to get the maximum download speed
- An inbuilt FPT/SFTP browser for controlling remote resources.
- Use the powerful tool from AppScript or Automator.
- More than a hundred of file hosting services downloaded by using Zevera account
These are five best download manager apps for MacOS. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment.