Common apps like Facebook Messenger app rarely face trouble if the network connectivity issues are not at fault. However, it doesn’t mean these apps are forever free from flaws. Similar to other mobile apps, Messenger app can run into unexpected errors due to a number of factors. Among common symptoms occurring when these apps go rogue include, not just loading errors and random app crashes.
To give you some workarounds to deal with these issues when using the Messenger app on your new iPhone XR, we have already listed in this post some effective solutions to try on. Simply refer this walkthrough whenever you need to troubleshoot Messenger app that’s suddenly acting up on your iPhone.
How to troubleshoot Messenger app that keeps crashing
Before proceeding, you should first check the internet connection and ensure it’s stable. If the Messenger app is not working as extended, the internet connectivity issues like slow connection, no Internet access will be likely to blame. In this case, you first have to solve your Internet connectivity so that all online apps including Messenger app work properly on your phone. If the Internet works well, then you should then try these below methods to resolve errors and minor system glitches that have prevented the Messenger app from working on your iPhone XR.
Solution 1: Force close Messenger app and restart it
Apps that are experiencing random glitches may eventually crash or stop working. If you’ve previously opened Messenger on your phone, then it’s likely still suspended or running in the background. In this case, you should force close the app first and then restart your device. Once it reboots, open Messenger app again and check if it already works. Here’s how to do so:
- Swipe your finger up from the bottom and then pause a second.
- Swipe right or left to navigate through apps preview.
- Next, find the Messenger
- Swipe it up to close the application.
If there are also other background apps, you should also clear all of them with the same method. Once you clear all background apps, you should then restart your iPhone with these steps below:
- Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds.
- When you see the Slide to Power Off command, release the button and then drag the slider to the right.
- After 1 minute, press and hold the Power button again until you see the Apple logo.
A restart will be useful to remove minor software errors that have already caused Messenger to work incorrectly. The process also clears out temporary files stored as cache in your iPhone internal memory. Corrupted caches are the possible triggers that have affected Messenger app’s operation.
Solution 2: Update Messenger app on your iPhone
You should also keep your apps up-to-date to get the best performance as well as stay away from sort of bugs. If you haven’t set your apps to auto-update, they might have missed some important updates. In this case, you need to manually install pending app updates on your new iPhone XR. To do so:
- Launch the App Store on your phone and then scroll down to Updates
- Scroll through the list of apps with pending updates.
- Tap on the Update button near the Messenger app to install its pending update.
- If there are multiple app updates available, you can also tap on Update All button to install all of them at once.
After installing app updates, then reboot your iPhone to apply recent app changes.
Solution 3: Re-install Messenger app on your iPhone XR
The app might have been totally corrupted if it’s not reinstalled. However, before reinstalling the app, you first have to delete it from your iPhone. To do so:
- Tap and hold on the Messenger app icon that you want to delete.
- Wait for it to start jiggling.
- Tap on X icon at the top-left corner to delete the app.
- Tap on Delete when prompt to confirm deletion of the app.
Once you remove the application, follow these steps below to re-install Messenger app on your iPhone:
- Open the App Store app from your phone
- Next, search for and select Messenger app from the results.
- Tap on the Cloud icon or Get button to reinstall the app.
- Follow the rest of the onscreen instructions to complete installing Messenger app on your iPhone.
After you finish installing the app, reload it and check if it’s already working properly.
Also see: HOW TO FIND UDID ON APPLE IPHONE XR
Solution 4: Update your iPhone to the latest version.
The previous solutions are usually useful enough to deal with glitches and errors from apps. However, if the problem still remains after you try all prior methods, then the problem might be related to system errors. Thus, the next possible solution you should try is to update the firmware. The latest update usually includes patches or codes to address errors and glitches on iOS devices. If your iPhone is already connected to a stable Wi-Fi network, you can then check for and install new iOS updates through OTA. To check for the latest iOS update, follow these steps below:
- Head over to Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap on General > Software Update.
You will see an update notification if there is a new iOS version available. Simply read the update information and follow the rest of the on-screen instructions to download and install the new iOS update wirelessly.
Remember to reboot your iPhone after updating your iPhone to prevent apps from acting up.
Solution 5: Reset all settings on your iPhone
The last resort you should try is performing a system reset if the problem still persists and none of the prior methods helped. To remove incorrect settings from the causes, you should reset all settings on your iPhone XR by following these steps:
- Open Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap on General > Reset.
- Choose Reset all settings option
- Enter your passcode when prompted to continue.
- Tap on the popup to confirm all settings reset.
All your customized options will then be restored to the default values. Once the reset is done, your iPhone will restart by itself. Wait until it starts up the lock screen and all you need is to enable individual features you want to use. Remember to reconnect your iPhone to Wi-Fi network to use online apps and services again. After your iPhone is connected to, reload the Messenger app and check if the problem is gone.