The official of iOS 10 is coming with a ton of new features. Several features require lots of third-party developer. Therefore, Apple has released developer betas so that software developers can get a head start on making great apps for iOS users. In this article, we will show you how to download and install the final beta version of iOS 10 for your iPhone/iPad.
How to make a backup for your iPhone/ iPad
Before starting, first make sure you back up your iPhone/ iPad. While the beta process is straight forward, any time you make some significant changes to your device, it might take risk problems.
- Connect your iPhone/ iPad to your Mac/Windows PC.
- Launch iTunes.
- Click on the iPhone/ iPad icon in the menu bar when it appears.
- Make sure backup is set to This Computer. (You should enable Encrypted backup for better security)
- Click on Back Up Now. (You can also select Encrypt Backup and add a password if you want better security.)
- If asked, back up Apps
- Press Command to open Preferences. (or in the menu bar of iTunes, click on Preferences.
- Click on the Devices tab
- Click on your Backup and choose Archive to prevent your current backup from being overwritten by an iOS 10 backup in the future
How to register the account to download the iOS 10 Grand Master
To download and install iOS 10 beta, unless you have a developer account with Apple, you will not be able to download any non-Xcode betas.
Thanks to Apple’s configuration profile, you can download iOS betas right on your iPhone/iPad (You can also install iOS 10 on your iPhone/ iPad by connecting your device to iTunes, but the Xcode beta needs running first). To download iOS 10 Grand Master, you should do these following steps:
- First, Open Safari and go to apple.com on your iPhone/ iPad.
- Tap on the “Download New Betas” tab
- Log in with your developer account: username and password
- Select the iOS 10 beta section and tap on download.
- Tap on Download button next to Configuration Profile
- When being asked which device you would like to use, select iPhone
- Then, the Beta software profile will display on your phone. Tap on Install. You may need to enter your Passcode.
- Agree to the Consent form and press Install once in the upper right corner, and once again at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Restart to apply the changes to your iPhone
How to install the iOS 10 Grand Master
To install the iOS 10 beta, you just visit Software Update on your iPhone/ iPad.
- Open Settings app, tap on General, and then tap on Software Update.
- Once the update appears, tap on Download and Install.
- Enter your Passcode if required
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Tap Agree once again to confirm.
Your iPhone/ iPad will reboot to install iOS 10. There will display progress bars going across the screen. Wait for everything finish.
How to get started with iOS 10
Once your iPhone/iPad boots into the starting screen successfully, you need to go through a bit of setup. iOS 10 also requires your login to complete the update. To do this
- Tap on Continue.
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Tap on Get Started.
- Once done, you will be on the Home screen and ready to experience iOS 10 Grand Master.