Aside from Windows, Mac is the most popular operating systems. And similar to Windows, this operating system still experiences a fair share of errors. A common error faced by many Mac users is the Error code -43. So, in this article, we’ll show you solutions to fix Mac Error code -43 for all devices.
On MacOS, the Error code -43 usually shows up with the message that the operation couldn’t be completed since one or multiple items couldn’t be found. It occurs when a Mac user is attempting to delete a document or transferring file trash. If you are also facing the same problem, there’s no need to worry as this error can be easily solved.
How to Fix Error Code 43 on Mac
To fix this error permanently, you should apply the methods listed below to solve the error successfully. Below are three tested methods to fix Error Code 43 on your Mac!
Leverage “Disk Utility”
First, you need to search for directory corruption or permission issue since this error is often associated with corrupted files. To do so, simply open the Disk Utility tool, which is a Mac inbuilt tool that can help find out drive-related issues. Do the following steps to try it out:
- Click on “Apple menu” from the top left and select “Restart”.
- Once your Mac starts again, press and hold “Command + R keys” at once until you see the Apple logo.
- Click on “Disk Utility” -> “Continue”.
- Switch to the left side panel and select the disk you want to fix. After that, press “First-Aid” and follow the rest of the process.
- There are many reports produced by the Disk Utility tool, so you need to take the appropriate actions.
If Disk Utility prompts that the disk fails, you should perform a backup of all your data immediately and buy a new disk for the replacement. In case the tool says that the issues have been fixed or there are no issues, simply close the tool. Additionally, you can also click “Show Details” to view what issues have already been resolved.
Reset NVRAM or PRAM
NVRAM and PRAM stand for Non-volatile Random Access Memory and Parameter Random Access Memory. They are just a tiny memory, which is used for saving settings so that your Mac can quickly access them. Simply follow these steps below to reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac
- Power off your Mac first.
- Once it shuts down, note the following keys: Command, Option (Alt), R and P.
- Turn on the Mac again and quickly press Command + Option + P + R at once before you see the startup screen.
- Keep holding all the keys. You will then hear a startup sound going off three times. After that, release them.
Your Mac will now reset NVRAM and PRAM to fix the Error -43. If there is no startup sound going off, power off your Mac again and repeat from the start. If the problem still remains, skip to the third method.
Delete Locked Files
If Error 43 on your Mac comes from locked files, the following steps can fix the problem. You will delete the files without unlocking them as a prerequisite. To do so:
- On your Mac, navigate to Application > Utilities > Terminal.
- Enter this particular command in Terminal:
chflags –R nouchg
- Finally, wipe the Trash clean. Just double click on Trash icon, press Command + A to mark each document, and drag the files from Trash to Terminal.
That’s all. By following these steps above, you’ve deleted the locked files causing Error -43 on your Mac.