Many iOS users have reported that they were facing lag and delays on the keyboard when typing in their iOS 11iPhone/iPad. This problem does not just appear in a particular app but it also appears in other apps including Safari, Facebook, Message, WhatsApp, etc. If you are in the same trouble, you are in the right place. Here we possible solutions for the keyboard lag problem in iOS 11 versions on your iPhone/iPad.
Perform a Force Restart
The simplest way to fix keyboard slowness, delays or lag in iOS 11when typing keyboard is performing a force restart. To do so:
On iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X: press and quickly release volume up button, and then also press and quickly release volume down button. Next, press & hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears.
On iPhone 7/7 Plus: press and hold the Power + Volume down buttons simultaneously.
On iPhone 6s/SE, iPads and older models: press and hold the Power + Home buttons at the same time.
Once it has restarted, open Message app to access the keyboard. Now, check whether it works smoothly.
Reset Keyboard Dictionary
If a force restart did not help you, you should go for a bit radical solution and set the keyboard dictionary to its factory default. Note that it will delete all the words you have typed on the keyboard.
- Launch Settings app and tap on
- Scroll down to bottom and tap on Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary.
- Enter your Passcode and confirm your choice.
After you have reset the software keyboard, check whether the issue has already been fixed.
Update iOS on your Device
Every new update includes several bug fixes as well as enhances performance. So the update can fix the keyboard lag the issue. Before getting started, make sure your device has at least 30% and connects to a stable Wi-Fi hotspot.
- LaunchSettings app and tap on
- Tap on Software Update.
- Check, download and install the update if it’s available.
There is another option to fix the keyboard not working in iOS 11 without the need of restoring your device is using a third-party tool. One of them is Tenorshare ReiBoot that can fix keyboard not working on your iOS 11 iPhone/iPad without losing any data.
Firstly, download and install ReiBoot to your Windows/ Mac computer.
- Once the installation is completed, launch ReiBoot and then connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer. After that, choose “Fix All iOS Stuck” from the interface.
- Click on “Fix Now(All iOS 11 Stuck)” option to move.
- Click on “Download” button to download the patched firmware as the repair drive.
- Once the download is completed, simply click on “Start Repair” to solve the keyboard lag issue by repairing your operating system.
That’s all. If you feel this post useful, let’s know in the comment. If you want to know solutions about other iOS 11 issues, simply leave messages to us.