Finally, iOS users can jailbreak their devices through Pangu jailbreak tool. Although it not official tool, you can download and install Cydia for your devices right now if you cannot wait anymore.
The tool currently only supports for Windows machines, compatible with 64-bit iOS devices.
Compatible iOS devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE
- iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 1, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro (both models: 9.7 and 12.9 inches)
- iPod touch 6th generation
Compatible firmware versions:
- iOS 9.2, iOS 9.2.1
- iOS 9.3, iOS 9.3.1, iOS 9.3.2, iOS 9.3.3
- Make sure that you have made a full backup of the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device, and that all data is secured to iTunes or iCloud.
- Disable/remove passcode, or Touch ID, and Find My iPhone feature before performing the jailbreak.
- iOS 9.2-9.3.3 must run on the compatible 64-bit device listed above. We recommend you to upgrade to iOS 9.3.3 for less bugs
- Install the latest version of iTunes on your Windows PC, here
- Download Pangu jailbreak tool for Windows, here
Install jailbreak on 64- bit iOS devices:
The instructions to jailbreak below are for Chinese version; the English version of the tool is not released, but it is expected to drop very soon. We will update the English version as soon as possible.
Step 1: Open Pangu jailbreak tool, called PP and then launch iTunes.
Step 2: Connect your device to Windows PC. After Pangu tool confirms the iPhone device, press the icon as the image below.
Step 3: Once PP installed on the iPhone. Go to Settings> General Settings> Configuration, select any Chinese configurations, tap on Trusted Developer configuration.
Step 4: Open the PP.
Step 5: When you open the app successfully, it will display a message. You click OK.
Step 6: You click on the circle to perform the jailbreak.
Step 7: Then your device is jailbroken, keep waiting for the app to install Cydia.
Step 8: This process will complete after the device finishes restarting. Now, open the PP application again to make sure whether the jailbreak is successful or not. If a notification displays as the image below, you have jailbroken successfully.
- You should back up all data via iCloud or iTunes before the jailbreak.
- Turn off the antivirus program or firewall so that it does not block the Pangu tool during the jailbreak
- This is not the official Jailbreak version. Thus, when restarting, the device will automatically lose Cydia. If you want to reinstall, you need to run the PP app again and then implement the jailbreak once more time (from step 5). In case the Cydia app is suspended or force-closed, you perform from step 5.
The advice for users at this time:
- If you are not too eager to experience Cydia, wait until Pangu releases the jailbreak tool on their official website, probably will not be much longer.
- At present, the jailbreak is not an optimal method, because it also has some bugs, as well as tweaks that are not completely compatible with iOS 9 platform.