Have you ever wished to run Windows apps on your MacOS? There are many free apps on the Windows but they cost a lot of money on MacOS platform. You only have a Mac and want to run these Windows apps. Thankfully, there is one more way to run Windows apps on your Mac, including:
- Use Apple’s Boot Camp and then run a full installation of Window on your Mac
- Use a virtual machine like Parallels Desktop
- Have Windows app installed directly with CrossOver and then use a Windows app like other Mac apps
There are both advantages and disadvantages of each method. However, the last one – installing Windows apps under CrossOver – has many differences, which offers some distinct advantages if you know how to make it work.
You will not need to install Windows and then the app. It’s only the app. Although the CrossOver is a little different, it’s not difficult to use. But there are still a few things you should know. For example, CrossOver cannot run ALL Windows apps. But almost apps work well.
Also see: HOW TO ADJUST THE ACCENT COLOR ON MACOS
How to install Windows apps on your Mac with CrossOver
If you want to run Windows apps on your Mac without all the overhead associated with Windows, follow these steps.
- Go to CodeWeavers and then download CrossOver app
- Now, head to your Downloads folder and then locate the Zip file that has recently been downloaded. After that, double-click on it to open. Archive Utility tool will open it up and decompress the contents of the archive file.
- Now, double click on the app in the Downloads folder. It will then move itself to the Applications folder on your Mac
- CrossOver will now open for the first time. Once done, you will be asked for the way you want it to run. By default, it will run in the trial mode. But you can enter your registration information or buy a license key to use full functions of the app.
- In the next screen, click on the Install a Windows Application
- Enter the name of the app that you want to run on your Mac. CrossOver will then search its database and display related matches.
- Click on the application you wish to run. CrossOver will display the compatibility information from its database, and you will be told how well it will run.
- Click on the Continue
- Now, choose an installer source.
- Next, click on the Choose Installer file and there will be a Finder window sliding down over the app, which allows you to navigate to the position you have stored the installation file.
- Choose the app and click on the Use this installer You will be taken back to the Select an Installer Source screen.
- Finally, click on the Continue
Note: CrossOver will not find and download the software that you want to run. You need to have the installation file available for the software you’d like to run.