You like the stability on iOS platform or perhaps the FaceID feature on iPhone X intrigues you maybe you want a RED iPhone 8. Whatever the reason, you’ve decided to switch from your Android phone to a new iOS device. One of the first things you need to do is transferring your contacts from your Android to the new iPhone. The process is very simple, and this post will help you do that.
To transfer contacts, your Android phone must be running on Android 5.0 version or later and your new iPhone must be using iOS 9 or later. The iOS compatible devices include iPhone 5 or later, iPad 4th or later, iPad mini 2nd or later, and iPod touch 6th.
Additionally, make sure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and the content you want to move is compatible with the new device.
How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone
Use the Android to iOS device tool
The simplest method to transfer all your contacts from your Android to the new iPhone is using the software tools that Apple has provided on both platforms.
1) When setting up a new iOS device for the first time, search for the Apps & Data screen during the setup process. Simply tap on Move Data from Android. If you have already finished setting up your new iPhone, you need to start from the scratch by erasing all content & settings of device. If it isn’t possible, you can follow the Manual directions.
2) On your Android phone, download & install the Move to iOS app from Google Play Store, launch the app and tap on Continue.
3) Choose Continue in the Android app, and then Agree to its terms and conditions.
4) You will now see a Find Your Code message saying, “If you don’t see a code on your iPhone, ensure you are in iPhone Setup and have selected “Move Data from Android.””
5) On your new iPhone, wait for a digit code showing up.
6) Return your Android device, and enter the code, and wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear.
7) Choose the content that you want to transfer and tap on Next. With this app, besides transferring your contacts, you can also move your message history, photos and videos, bookmarks, and calendars to your new iPhone
During the transfer process, you need to leave both devices alone until the loading bar finishes. Depending on how many contacts you save, this process will need a few seconds or minutes.
Also read: HOW TO REMOVE DUPLICATE CONTACTS ON YOUR MAC
Manually transfer contacts
Since using the tool requires you to wipe your iPhone, so you should think about moving your contacts manually. However, make sure your contacts are previously synced with an email service like Google. To manually move your contacts:
1) Launch the Settings app on your iOS device and tap on Accounts & Passwords > Add Account.
2) Select your email provider, and add your username as well as password.
3) Toggle Contacts to On in the last page.
4) Tap on Save.
That’s how to move contacts from your Android phone to the new iOS device. Let’s know your thoughts in the comment below.