Apple has officially released the update to iOS 8 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch: how to download and complete the new system.
The wait is over: iOS 8 is finally here. Within a few minutes Apple has made available the ‘ upgrade to the new operating system for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and, as has become customary, the server targeted bitten apple were assaulted. A lot of news, from new boxes to the tight integration with OS X Yosemite, to make the minimal previous experience of iOS 7 more complete. But how to download?
Upgrade to iOS 8 can be downloaded in the manner now canonical for all iDevice: connecting the device to your computer and then via iTunes or, alternatively, directly from your smartphone and tablet menu ” Software Update “under the” General ” . On the arrival of the device operating system is normally indicated by a push notification while using desktop iTunes will propose the same procedure with a popup window. Before proceeding, however, it is recommended to make a backup safety .
Following all the news, as reported in the documentation of the official release.
Improvements for Posts
- Touching, talking, please. Tap and hold the icon to send a voice message, a video or photo and scroll with your finger upward to send them.
- More options for group messages. You can assign a name to the conversation, add or remove a contact and leave the conversation.
- New details display for the “Do Not Disturb”, share your location and attachments.
Improvements for Photos
- Smart editing tools to adjust color and light with a simple touch.
- Controls optimization to adjust exposure, brightness, contrast, highlights, shadows, and much more.
- Search by date, location, name of the album or via smart tips.
- Album for smart video with slow motion effect, sequences, views and time-lapse.
- Support directly in the app Photos of photographic filters and editing tools to third parties.
- Transfer photos and metadata from iPhoto to photos. Conversion of photo books, journals and presentations in album containing only photos. iPhoto for iOS is not supported on devices with iOS version 8 or later.
Improvements for Camera
- Introduction of time-lapse mode.
- Introduction timer shooting.
- Adjusting the exposure with the simple movement of a finger to lighten or darken a photo before you take the photo.
- Shooting modes in sequence to the front camera on the iPhone 5s.
- Panoramic Photos for iPad and Air iPad mini with Retina display.
Introduction of smart keyboard.
- Writing predictive tailored to your style of writing, the type of app and the person receiving the message.
- Writing predictive available in English (Australia, Canada, Great Britain, United States), French (Canada, France, Switzerland), German (Germany, Switzerland), Italian, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish, and Thai.
- Support for third-party keyboards.
- Introduction of the new app framework with Health information data related to health and fitness for easy reference.
- Ability to share health data with app in order to have a more complete way to manage your health and your fitness.
- Ability to add a folder with information about medical allergies, medical conditions and more with the option of making such data accessible even when the screen is locked.
- Available on iPhone and iPod touch.
- Ability to share purchases from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store and the App Store with up to six members of your family.
- Payment for the purchase of a single family with credit card and approval of purchases for children with the feature “Ask to buy.”
- Easy sharing of photos and calendar of family, locations and much more.
- Archive all your documents on iCloud and access from iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC.
- Sharing the same file between different compatible applications.
AutoUpdate on all your devices, all changes made on one device.
Introduction of functionality Continuity.
- Using iPhone, iPad and Mac in an increasingly integrated.
- Introduction to Handoff to keep doing what you’re doing from one device to another.
- Ability to make or receive calls and send and receive SMS or MMS messages on iPad or Mac.
- Instant Hotspot to automatically use your cellular connection and be in line with other devices in your possession.
- AirDrop compatibility with OS X Yosemite.
- Available on iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
Improvements for Spotlight
- Tips from Wikipedia, places near you, movies (USA only), popular websites, App Store, iTunes Store and iBooks Store.
- Support for Safari suggestions Spotlight as well as for better results and suggestions for research.
- Support for local language varieties for Great Britain, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and the United States.
Enhancements to Mail
- Opportunity to move from draft to the mailbox incoming simply by scrolling down on the draft.
- Intelligent suggestions for events that appear on Calendar and Contacts.
thread with VIP.
Improvements for Siri
- Improving the responsiveness, reliability and accuracy.
Possibility to use the “Hey, Siri” to start using Siri with the voice in your possession when the device is connected to a power source.
- Streaming voice recognition.
- Ability to use Siri with Shazam for recognizing music.
Possibility to purchase content from the iTunes Store.
Improvements to Safari
- Support for search engine DuckDuckGo.
- Private Browsing for the panel.
- Ability to subscribe to the RSS feed in shared links.
- Ability to use the camera to scan or enter the information related to credit cards.
Enhancements to Maps
- Tour of the city with Flyover.
- Indication of selected locations from Maps in Phone and Contacts.
- View online maps and notifications of the travel time for the events listed on the Calendar.
Improvements to the App Store
- New Panel of exploration to search by category simplified.
- Searches of greater significance displayed in the search panel.
- Ability to scroll through the search results.
- Video Previews app.
- Picks of the editorial reported by a special icon.
- Quick access to key contacts in the multitasking view.
- Notifications Interactive Messages, Mail, Calendar, Reminders and third party applications enabled.
- New app suggestions to help you make the most of your iOS devices.
- IBooks application integrated with iOS, now with the new Auto Night Mode and the new organization for the series of books.
- Podcast application integrated with iOS.
- Battery use for application.
- Possibility to use iCloud for the keychain passwords to web sites saved to easily access to associated applications.
- Call Waiting for calls FaceTime audio.
- Edit text in RFT notes.
- Connecting directly to AirPlay.
Functionality at the enterprise level
- Data protection extended to Calendar, Contacts, Messages, Reminders and Notes, in addition to Mail and third-party applications.
- Controls S / MIME messages.
- Improved user interface for ease of understanding by the user of the remote management of your devices.
- Auto Answer for Exchange.
- Search free / busy calendar invitations.
- Ability to automatically provide users with books managed by MDM.
- New zoom control with one hand and different zoom modes, including how picture-in-picture (PIP).
- Built-in timer and Support Touch ID for Access Wizard.
- Features “pronunciation” screen for reading content through a gesture or with Siri.
- Improved VoiceOver (voice input support Alex and Braille).
- Support multi-device for hearing aids MFi to switch from an iOS device paired to another.
Features for China
- Vector maps.
- Turn by turn navigation.
- Support for the lunar calendar.
- Improved predictive input.
- Improved weather data.
Language support extended
- Dictation supported by 22 other languages: Croatian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai , turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
- New keyboards for English (India), Bengali, Filipino, Marathi, Urdu and Slovene.
- Localization in Hindi language.
- Definition of words selected for additional languages: Russian, Portuguese (Brazil), Thai, and turkish.
- Spanish-English bilingual dictionary.
- Spell checking for Turkish language.
- Support for Hebrew language for the text to pronounce and VoiceOver.
New features for developers
- Extensibility, a feature that provides applications with new sharing options and the ability to create widgets, photo filters and editing tools in Photos and third-party keyboards.
- Metal, a new graphics technology for gaming provider to bring console-class 3D gaming on mobile devices.
- SpriteKit SceneKit and games in 2D and 3D to the next level.
- Thank HealthKit, health and fitness applications can share data between them.
- HomeKit, a new way to control the home devices supported using Siri.
- Support for Touch ID. You can make access to third party applications thanks to your fingerprint.
- CloudKit offers a solution to back-end complete and scalable solution that helps developers to eliminate the need to create server code and server maintenance.
- Error Correction.