While iPhones are still great phones until now, it starts occurring problems. Many iPhone users encountered a few issues when their iPhone touch screen became completely unresponsive or was not working. This case is pretty much like a frozen pad that won’t respond to any tap. Fortunately, this is not a serious problem and there are still solutions to that!
We’ve already listed a few tricks to troubleshoot the touchscreen unresponsiveness of iPhone, all of them are perfect solutions to shoot out the problem.
So, if you’ve found your iPhone screen is not responding to your touch, give a try to some of the following solutions in this post. We hope they are helpful to you.
Tips to Fix Unresponsive iPhone Screen
Solution 1: Force Restart Your iPhone
If your iPhone screen is lagging or unresponsiveness, the simplest trick you should try first is to force restart your iPhone. Most of the cases, this tip works well. So, you can give a hard reboot to your iPhone before trying any holistic measures.
To force reboot iPhone X/8/8 Plus and later models:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Do the same with the Volume Down button,
- Finally, press and hold the Power button until you see Apple logo.
On iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus model:
- Simply press and hold both the Power + Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds.
On an iPhone 6s/6 Plus and earlier
- Press and hold both the Home + Side buttons for at least 10 seconds.
Once your iPhone has restarted, check if the touchscreen has already worked normally. After, you can try out four solutions to prevent the screen from being unresponsive again.
Remove All The Unnecessary Apps:
If there are apps that you no longer use, you should delete them all. Doing so does not just free up some storage, but it also helps your iPhone run more smoothly. Just tap and hold on any app to go into edit mode. Next, tap on the “X” button and choose Delete in the popup.
Update All Apps:
An outdated version of apps both eats up more battery and slows down your phone. So, you need to keep all the apps updated. Head to App Store → Updates section. From there, update all the apps. You can also set to update apps automatically by going to Settings → iTunes & App Store → Automatic Downloads section, and toggle on the switch next to Updates.
One of the easiest ways to help your iPhone work perfectly is keeping the software on your phone updated. Apple usually releases software updates with improvements and bug fixes. Navigate to Settings app → General → Software Update section. From there, download and install the latest update.
- Clean Up Your iOS Device:
If you don’t usually clean up the junkies from time to time, there is a high chance that they could have cluttered your phone. Due to the clutteredness, your iPhone will not run smoothly.
Solution 2: Restore Your iPhone In Recovery Mode
If a force restart did not help, then you should recover your iPhone in recovery mode.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a Lightning cable.
- After that, press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press & quickly go of the Volume Down button.
- Press & hold the Power button until your phone restarts. Do not release the Power button when the Apple Logo appears on the screen since you are putting your device in the recovery mode.
- Release it when you see the Connect to iTunes
- In iTunes, there will be a message saying that “your connected iOS device is now in recovery mode” and you will be prompted to update or restore.
- Just click on Restore option to erase everything on your iPhone as well as restore iOS software.
Solution 3: Contact Apple Support
If nothing has worked, there is a chance your iPhone screen might have been damaged. In this case, you should contact Apple Support for further assistance.
If your iPhone is still under warranty (AppleCare+ coverage), then you can repair the screen for only $29. But if it is out of warranty, then you need to pay more money.