Earlier today, Apple officially rolled out 4th developer beta of macOS High Sierra 10.13.5. At the time of the release, there were not any new features announced or discovered, but in the coming hours, there might have some new changes as developers get more time to utilize the new software.
For now, if you want to get the latest MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5 beta 4 on your device, you must have a macOS device registered with the Apple developer program. Once done, simply follow the below steps to update to the MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5 beta 4 version.
How to create an archived backup of your Mac
Before proceeding, ensure to you back up the data on your Mac first. The installation process is pretty simple, but when you make significant changes to your Mac, you can risk the problems. You can use the Time Machine to back up your Mac.
- Connect an external hard disk using a USB, or Thunderbolt cable.
- On your Mac, click the Apple icon ()at the upper left corner.
- From the drop-down menu, select System Preferences…
- Choose Time Machine in the System Preferences
- Toggle Time Machine slider to On.
- Select Backup Disk and choose the disk you want to store data.
- Time Machine will now format the hard drive to start backing up.
How to download MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5 beta 4
Downloading the MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5 beta 4 is as simple as going to Apple’s developer portal. To download the update
- Go to apple.comon your Mac.
- Select the Develop
- Click on the Downloads tab and your Mac will start the download
When the installer completes downloading, the Mac App Store will then navigate to the Updates section. Simply click Update to download and install the MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5 beta 4. Once done, your Mac will automatically reboot.
If you don’t see the latest developer beta in the Updates list, simply restart your Mac. After that, open the Mac App Store again and click on the Updates tab.
Also read: HOW TO UNINSTALL A MAC APP
How to install the macOS High Sierra developer beta 4
After the macOS High Sierra beta 4 is downloaded, you are prompted to install the update.
- Click on Continue.
- Agree to Terms and Conditions of Apple
- Click on Install and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Your Mac will now restart to install macOS High Sierra. A black screen with the Apple Logo and a progress bar will appear. Wait for the software to finish the installation.
If you worry about your data getting corrupted by the beta version, you can partition the hard drive on your Mac to test the macOS High Sierra beta 4 in tandem with your current MacOS. To do so:
- Create a partition on your Mac if you have not yet to do it.
- Choose Continue when the software is ready to install.
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Choose Show All Disks to switch from the main partition.
- Continue to choose the partition you want to install the macOS High Sierra developer beta 4.
- Click on Install.
That’s how to download and install the latest macOS High Sierra developer beta 4 version. If there is any new discovery, we will update the post accordingly.