While new MacBook Air and MacBook Pro devices are integrated Touch Bar that supports Touch ID authorization of App Store and iTunes purchases, setting it up can be a process. First, you could not get Touch ID to work in all in either app. However, just with some troubleshooting, you could manage to figure out a good process for activating the feature for both these stores. Here is how to make Touch ID work with each app on your Mac.
Check current MacOS software on your Mac
If you want to use Touch ID for purchases on iTunes and Mac App Store on your MacBook with Touch Bar, your computer needs to run on the latest version. If you’re encountering problems with Touch ID for iTunes or the App Store purchases, make sure to update your Mac’s operating system first. To do so:
- Click on Apple icon in the left corner of your Mac.
- ChooseAbout this Mac and you will see MacOS with the version number. If your computer is running an older version, you should update it now.
To update macOS:
- Click on Apple icon in the left corner.
- Click on System Preferences section
- Select Software Updates > Update Now. Enter your password when
- Click on Restart.
Allow permission to use Touch ID for iTunes and Mac App Store
- On your Mac, click on Apple icon in the upper left corner.
- Choose System Preferences.
- Click onTouch ID preference pane
- From there, uncheck the iTunes & App Store checkbox below “Use Touch ID for” option
- Check the iTunes & App Store box
- Enter your Mac password when prompted.
- Now, go to iTunes or Mac App Store apps and select an item you want to download.
- Press the Buy button next to an app you’d like to download.
- Enter your Apple ID password when asked.
- Click on Yes when you are prompted to use Touch ID for future purchase
The selected item will start to download. Afterward, you can use Touch ID for future purchases in that app. The iTunes Store and Mac App Store have its own separate Touch ID authorizations, you need to repeat some required steps in the other app in order to use Touch ID in both stores.
Also read: SIMPLE WAYS TO OPEN TERMINAL ON MAC
Give permission to use Touch ID for iTunes and the Mac App Store purchases
- Open iTunes or the Mac App Store app and then select an item you want to download.
- Click onBuy button next to an app or song you want to download.
- Put your fingerprint on Mac’s Touch ID sensor so that it can scan your finger.
Let us know in the comments if you have any question.