Avast Free Antivirus is free antivirus software that is used by millions of people worldwide to secure their devices and information. It offers a web browser and computer security, firewall, antivirus software and antispam. Avast is holding the largest market of free antivirus software across all the platforms and it’s also the best antivirus software currently.
If you are looking for a free antivirus software, many people would certainly recommend Avast as one of trusted antivirus software. However, after installing Avast, you are not satisfied due to some reasons, and you want to remove it from your computer, this post is for you. If you are using Mac and are wondering how to uninstall Avast Free Antivirus software on your computer, keep reading this post. All the steps are mentioned below.
Method 1: Uninstall Avast through the menu bar
You can uninstall Avast from the menu bar of the software. It is the easiest method and you can do it just in a few seconds:
- Click the Avast menu bar locating at the left corner of your Mac screen.
- When the drop-down menu appears, chooose Open Avast
- Click on Avast from the menu bar.
- Choose Uninstall option from the drop-down menu.
- Click Uninstall
- Add more security products to uninstall and select Continue.
- In newer versions, Avast asks for the permission of the administrator. In this case, you just enter your User ID and password and hit Enter.
- Wait for a few seconds for the uninstallation process to complete.
This is the easiest method to uninstall Avast from your Mac. But, there are still other ways to do so.
Method 2: Uninstall through Avast uninstaller
Avast developers have also developed a custom uninstaller to uninstall Avast more easily. This tool is free and is called Avast Free Antivirus that is available on their official website. You can download the uninstaller file from other sources too. When done, follow these steps to uninstall Avast using Avast Security uninstaller:
- Visit the Avast official website, search for Avast Security tool for Mac and download it.
Note: You should only download Mac setup file since other files will not work in your case.
- Next, open the downloaded setup file.
- Choose Uninstall Avast.
- Click on Uninstall on the next screen
- Tick on the box next to the additional products of Avast to uninstall them.
- Click on Continue.
- If your Mac has two users and more, then you might be asked for administrator permission. Just type in the administrator user ID and password and hit Enter.
- Click on Quit.
Avast will be uninstalled after closing all opening tabs of Avast and the software will be completely wiped out from your Mac as well.
Method 3: Manually remove Avast
If you want, you can manually remove Avast software from your Mac. Just follow these steps to do so:
- Close all the running tabs of Avast.
- Open Applications folder and then remove Avast from the list.
- Head to the library folder and delete all its relevant services, files and folders.
After that, search for these subfolders of these services files to remove Avast clearly from your Mac
- Users > Library > Application Support > Avast
- Users > Library > Caches > com.avast.AAFM
- Users > Library > LaunchAgents > com.avast.home.userpront.plist
Once you remove all these files mentioned above, reboot your Mac and it will be completely clean from Avast Free Antivirus software.